Sunday, February 6, 2011

Second Job

Deli worker at Island Naturals Market and Deli.  I just finished training here, and will be spending weekends as a soda jerk? behind the juice machine and smoothie blender.  Today I opened, with another deli worker.  The bakers were already there when we got in, just me and five women(!).  Needless to say, this is a big departure from the carpentry jobsite.  But so far so good.  We got along great, and had some fun.   Did you know that I wanted to be a chef when I was little?  I made a salad for the salad bar today, and it felt really good.  Just me, realizing my dreams, one at a time.
This job is a great way to meet people and work in a team environment. Most of my coworkers grew up on, or have been living on the Big Island for a while.  I'm glad to get some local perspective. And I can walk to work! The food's good, too.

1 comment:

  1. do they sell bumper stickers with that rad lady from the website holding the fruit? if they do, i want one!

    ReplyDelete