Monday, April 25, 2011

Honomilino Beach Tsunami!

Real quick-like here, before I have to go to what has become the cursed smoothie-jerk job.
I went with Beth, my boss Betsy, and her friend Sterling to Milolii and Honomilino Beach last Friday.  A great little one mile kayak from Milolii beach park to Honomilino Beach. I don't think the clarity of the water here, especially over nearshore reefs, will get old.  It is so cool to paddle over reefs in calm seas and be able to see the yellow coral heads, the white sandy bottom, and every once and a while, a fish.  On a sunny day, all illuminated by dancing light refracted through the waves, and tinted shades of aqua.
Honmilino got pretty torn up by the recent tsunami.  I guess I didn't think it even warranted a photo!   We were checking it out for an upcoming kayak trip.  fun day anyways, though.  Had a fire on the beach and ate some sausages!  just like back home!

needs no description! excellent!
Beth on the open sea!


looking across the bay at Honomilino Beach
exploring Honomilino Bay
good spot for a house




headed back in the afternoon sunshine
found a neat arch.  look at the contrast from jagged aa to ocean rounded boulders
headed back towards Miloli'i



I'm trying all of these at a lower resolution, hopefully to make it faster for me and for you.  thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Yay!
    There have been so many pictures lately, if you're trying to make the Minnesotans come visit, this is a good tactic.

    If the pictures were taking too long to put up, then this is a good solution. It is nice to get to see things in closer, though.

    I hope the smoothie and kayak and bike times are all great. I heard I missed a phone call, we'll have to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete