Monday, April 4, 2011

One month ago....

...was my last post!  Yikes, I've been negligent.

It has been a busy month. Our northland friends, the Norwegian Bachelor Brothers Will and Pete brought us a breath of fresh Minnesota air this month, which was certainly the highlight. We had a lot of fun; I'll put some pictures up soon.

Beth and I have been reeling in the quiet since they left, but perhaps I need to find a better way to fill the space than fret about gainful employment...
I've certainly kept myself busy, with some additional work teaching middle schoolers how to work on their bicycles.  It is a little stressful to come up with lesson plans for them, as everything about the program is new and undefined.  I'm trying to take things one little step at a time and not get lost in the big picture: use my time productively.  This work is for PATH.  I'm becoming less intimidated by the chaos, and looking at this as interesting experience in teaching and curriculum development, and a chance to make a little extra money.
I still have trips with Pack and Paddle, which is good.  They are that much more fun and relaxing contrasted with the middle schoolers.
Also checked off the stressor column is our house hunt-- not because we found anything new, but because we decided to stay where we are.  A potentially very unsatisfactory choice, as anyone who has tried to sleep through the night next to our obnoxious and immature partygirrlz neighbors knows.  But we have it on inside information that their lease will not be renewed.  So, we hope things don't get bad this month and that the new neighbors share a schedule similar to ours.  Looking for apartments sucks.  We'll tone it down for a while, but keep our eyes open for that perfect spot.
Ultimate frisbee is in the much improved column this month.  After some effort expended to organize a legitimate pickup game here in Kona, our fledgling game is looking all right, and we've made some new friends through it, too.  I think it will grow and hopefully stick around for a while.

OK, if you made it this far, my unsolicited self-disclosure has allowed you to achieve an intimate understanding of my life this month.  Use this knowledge responsibly, (stalker).  I'll start posting pictures and words about hawaii now, which is what I'd rather do on this blog. 

Soundtrack to this post: Bob Dylan, New Morning.  Getting ready to eat some fresh banana bread and play cribbage.  Life ain't so bad. 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Woo!
    The people love new posts. I hope the Hawaiian outdoors are super refreshing and great! We are getting the springtimes over in these Minnesotan climes.
    Hope yer great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of that Robert Zimmerman feller, but what's this Cribbage you speak of?

    ReplyDelete