Saturday, December 11, 2010

clear skies

Clear skies in Kona.
I wish I had brought my camera with on the bike ride to Cellana today. Thursday is the first time I remember (or maybe noticed?) being able to see Mauna Loa from the road by Cellana.  You can't see it in town, because the slopes of Hualalai are too close.  Out by Cellana, the visibility was never high enough to have a good look.  Well it's been so clear here that I have had some peeks at it lately.  It is cool to see lurking behind Hualalai.  It is much less steep that Hualalai, but five some thousand feet taller.  Today, after the big storm yesterday, there was snow on a lot of it!  I always think it is cool to see the line where the snow abruptly ends in the mountains. Maybe I can get a picture for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment