Friday, December 3, 2010

Hawaiian plants, animals and landscapes: a mission statement.

So who likes to read posts about Hawaiian plants and animals? (e.g., the I'o, the garden orb weaver spider, and the gold dust day gecko)

I'm hoping to learn about the common and interesting plants and animals here in my yard in kona, and eventually, beyond to the higher and wetter forests. It's a good exercise to synthesize and catalog some of what I learn here on the blog-- so here I go!

I hope you like it. We'll see how long I last.  Hopefully, I can get it to be pretty user friendly.  It'll be a work in progress.  let me know what you think, here or via email.

I'm getting there on the job front, by the way.  I'm taking a break from application stuff today, after getting a sweet one in for a job I'd really like.  They're not officially hiring though... so I won't say any more now.  Except that Terra Firma was officially trying not to hire when I came on... and that this job would be a distinct departure from carpentry.

No comments:

Post a Comment