Monday, November 15, 2010

comments

I've gotten some complaints about not being able to post comments!  I don't know what the problem is.  I'll try to fix it!


In the meantime, here are some of my responses to yer comments:


Thanks for the comments!  Glad you're out there checking this out.
The frisbee pickup was fun.  A good group of people out there, playing hard.  Wide range of skill levels. A good family game to get in on.  We are excited to go again this Sunday. We are also planning to attend a hat tournament next weekend north on the Kohala coast with some of the players.  Exciting!

Carl the cane spider left us.  I've yet to see any a 'is kin. I have see a lot of these buggers called orb spiders.  They are much smaller, but more scary looking.  Have a peek.   Also huge crabs?  Easy blog to waste time on.  Kind of like mine?


Here's a new (and accurate) picture of a garden orb weaver spider, on the milkweed bush in our yard. It caught a honeybee, so you can see how big it is.  What a feast!  These things are everywhere.  No problems yet. This milkweed bush is really buzzing with activity. I'll for sure put some more stuff up on it.

this is Argiope appensa, commonly called the Garden Spider or orb weaver spider.  Scientists eh?  Can't even be moved enough by that nasty bugger to give it a unique name!  I bet I can find a Hawaiian name.  In theory, I like spiders.  But the ones around here are giving me the creeps.  Fortunately, I haven't found a dangerous one yet.

Here's a good info page on weaver spiders. It sounds like there will be some interesting spider discoveries in my future here.

No comments:

Post a Comment