Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kale?

Some personal updates:

Beth and I looked at a pretty nice house yesterday.  We're submitting and application tomorrow.... we'll let you know!

Today, once I finish my chores (Beth ain't happy when she gets home from work and I haven't gotten my chores done) we're going to go to the local pickup ultimate frisbee game!  We're excited, but don't know what to expect.  This is a small town, and I think most locals are more apt to get out the surfboard or soccer ball than frisbee, but it should be fun.  Sorry Robbinsdale.

There is a local fruit and vegetable market/bazaar down in Kailua Town, just a walk or short bikeride from Ali'i Cove.  I went today and scored this:
A bag of Thai chillies, two limes, a tomato, a huge avocado, two mangoes, two peppers, two bunches of bananas. $7.  How them hard squashes?  I haven't found any squash or suitable kale replacement yet, but I think I can make due.  Can you find the frisbee in the picture above?  MN pride?

I got a kama'aina (hawaiian for child of the land) or resident discount on these beauts; I'm learning how to ask for a kama'aina discount and when its appropriate to bargain.  It's a whole new challenge.

3 comments:

  1. found the frisbee! we will eat some extra kale for you here in jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Martin, great posts, keep em' coming. Missed you guys a lot at league on Sunday. Jealous. Best wishes.

    -paul

    ReplyDelete