Sunday, November 7, 2010

rude radio

May I please take a moment to reaffirm my love for the twin cities radio scene?
I knew that KFAI, Radio K, KNOW and the Current were special, but I figured that everywhere would have some kind of community or public radio, even if it wasn't up to the TC standards... alas.  I shouldn't neglect to note that I have heard some pretty cool Hawaiian music on the radio around here.

This morning, I've been listening to Rude Radio on Radio K.  How thankful I am that all the stations I mentioned stream live on the internet!  The roots reggae and ska is perty perfect for the Hawaiian climate, in my mind.  Stream it, or, if you're lucky enough to tune it in on your radio, enjoy some aural sunshine beamed from the Caribbean to Minnesota to the South Pacific and back again.

Any other favorite radio stations I should find out there in cyberspace?

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous morning at the beach!

    as for internet radio, i am partial to boot liquor ("Americana Roots music for Cowhands, Cowpokes and Cowtippers").

    http://somafm.com/play/bootliquor

    ReplyDelete