Friday, November 5, 2010

trouble in paradise

While I was laying on the floor doing some back exercises, I glanced up and spotted this guy:
uhgg.  I had to know they were out there, being as we're in the jungle, but...
4" of spider hanging out on the wall over my head.  Yikes.  Maybe the reason I haven't seen any of these yet is the condo association's guy wearing a VOC vapor mask and spraying all the plants around here... yes, my fellow association members, living in a photograph of suburban american paradise plopped into the tropics takes upkeep!

Here is as close as I could venture for some scale.  I was half amazed I didn't have a spider in my face for doing this.  

The furry fellow appears to be a cane spider.  Look how their eyes reflect the flash!! Creepy!  Apparently, it is friendly and going to eat the roaches for me.  I'll call him Carl the Cane Spider.

Well, time for something else.  I won't tell you that I'm going to go for a swim and read a book poolside.  That would make me and all other homemakers look bad.  It's just that I've already got dinner taken care of.
 If you like these posts, you better pray I don't make any friends down here!

1 comment:

  1. good to hear from you. spiders are friends!
    judy would have swatted the MF already over my protests. only very few bite. 50 degrees and sun forecast for duluth today. tropical, eh?

    greg

    ReplyDelete